Mary Go Round Membership
Welcome to the Mary Go Round Membership. I started this platform to highlight quilters, pattern designers, and fabric designers of color. To provide a space where people from all walks of life come together and learn from each other, teach one another and celebrate our love of quilting.
Membership entitles you to:
- A free quilt pattern every other month from a quilt pattern designer of color.
- Participate in live Q&As with the featured designers of color.
- Participate in live interviews with up-and-coming and popular quilters, fabric designers and fabric artists of color.
- Member spotlight monthly.
- Quilt instruction and tutorials.
- Blog articles.
- Access to the Mary Go Round Membership private Facebook page. Once you have joined, head on over to the Facebook page and introduce yourself to the community.
- Monthly Sip-n-See chat – this is an informal get-together to meet other members, talk about what you’re working on, show and tell, and share anything you’d like about your personal sewing journey or business.
- Prize (fabric bundle) for completing any three of the featured member quilts.
- Sip-N-See mini-presentations from textile artists, pattern designers, fabric designers, and more!
Membership Fee: $12/month. [PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO JOIN THE WAITLIST]
Why did I start this membership? Watch this short video
Who can join? Anyone and everyone can join the membership. There are no requirements to be a member. My hope is that people from all walks of life join the membership. The current member roster includes individuals from all over, and I welcome this diverse community.
Who will be featured in the membership? Every other month you will receive a new quilt pattern from a designer of color. The pattern will be available for you to download as part of your membership for a set number of months. In the months in between, you’ll be able to take part in live Zoom interviews with quilting artists, fabric designers, and pattern designers of color. Members are invited to attend all interviews and encouraged to take part and ask any additional questions I may have missed.
You should join the Mary Go Round Membership if:
- You want to support more quilters, pattern designers, and fabric artists of color.
- You want to get new patterns from quilters of color.
- You want to be a part of a community of quilters who support each other and are willing to share knowledge of quilting.
- You want to learn more about what quilters of color are contributing to the craft.
- You want to receive quilty projects and tutorials.
- You want to participate in monthly calls with quilters of color you may not be familiar with.
It’s really important to me that members have the ability to meet others in “zoom” person. Even though we can’t be in the same room, in person, I believe the Zoom calls give us an opportunity to connect with each other. I have had so much fun getting to know YOU and all the great quilters and artists who have been featured in the membership.
I hope you join us!
Cost: $12.00 per month.
Discounted yearly option: $120.00. With this lump sum payment, you get two months free!
**These rates are guaranteed throughout the term of your membership. There is no contract and you are free to cancel at any time.
If you are a quilt pattern designer and would like to have your pattern featured in the membership, email me at email@example.com. If you are a quilter, fabric designer, fabric artist, non-profit, or any other contributor and would like to be featured the membership, please contact me. I want to help promote you and what you’re doing and introduce you to others who may not be familiar with your accomplishments.
Sign Up Here
Underground Railroad Block of the Month
Twelve blocks complete this quilt. Using the book Hidden in Plain View as reference, you’ll receive patterns for quilt blocks that were a part of the underground railroad quilt code. Slaves used these quilts as clues to guide them on their journey to freedom. Not only do you receive the free patterns, but you’ll and learn the significance of why these particular quilt designs were chosen.
Quilt pattern designers of color being featured in 2022 include:
Coming in July 2022: Satomi Hoar of Satomi Quilts
2022 Mini Quilt Challenge
The Mary Go Round Membership is hosting its First Annual Mini Quilt Challenge! This is open to all active members of the membership. If you’d like to take part in the fun and prizes, sign up for the waitlist below. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start, here are the rules: